Comment on Post 2

Check out Karen’s Blog post here. She focused on the Inquiry Based Learning approach and how it related to Social Media in the classroom.

Hi Karen,

I really enjoyed reading your blog post on Inquiry Based Learning and how that related to incorporating social media in to the classroom. I took a whole course last year on the role of social media in the classroom and how using students prior knowledge of these platforms can increase learning in many classroom settings. I like reading about the diverse advantages that you listed and how social media can foster collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking, promoting digital citizenship and responsible online behavior. I also liked how you touched on how utilizing different inquiry learning approaches, educators can guide students in problem-solving, scientific exploration, and debates, catering to individual interests and learning styles. I think by understanding that inquiry can happen through these platforms as like you said, “they provide a vast pool of information for students to explore their questions.” It will be neat to observe how this technology will be integrated into classrooms moving forward.